1. Login at www.eshipper.com.
2. Click Ship and select "Shipping Information"
3. Fill in the "Ship From" and "Ship To" sections.
4. Scroll down and find the "Dimensions & Weight" box.
5. Fill in your shipment's dimensions and weight and then enter in the amount you would like your shipment to be insured for.
6. In the "Additional Services" box, select eShipper or carrier insurance.
7. Scroll to the bottom right-hand corner and click "Get Rates."
8. For each line item, you will see the shipping rate and the insurance cost shown separately.
Please Note: When you book high-value shipments on eShipper, you can choose to insure your items in case of loss or damage during transit. Please keep in mind, that for all courier shipments you are automatically covered for up to $100 without insurance.
You have two options for insurance:
Option 1: Carrier insurance, which is provided directly from your carrier (UPS, FedEx, etc.). The cost differs from carrier to carrier for each $100 after the first $100, which is covered automatically.
Option 2: eShipper insurance, covered by our insurer in-house is $0.75 for each $100 after the first $100, which is covered automatically for courier shipments. For LTL shipments, eShipper insurance is $1.25 for each $100, covered by our insurer in-house.